Thursday, January 24, 2013

Aphrodite's Organic Cafe and Pie Shop

I must admit off the bat that this is not a completely well-rounded review. That is, I am basing my review on the three times I have eaten at Aphrodite's over the past six months. One visit involved the purchase of a pie for a birthday party, one visit was made to grab a slice of raspberry-rhubarb pie to go, and one visit was made to enjoy a brunch close to home. In all three cases I found the food to be slightly above average and overpriced. I appreciate Aphrodite's effort to create pies filled with fresh and organic fruit, and I realise the rent along 4th must be astronomical, but I don't think it is reasonable to charge between $27-$30 for a normal-sized pie. I have had a few pies from Choices Market that are equally as healthy and fruit-filled but cost close to half the price of Aphrodite's. Another great place for pie in Vancouver is the Vancouver Art Gallery Cafe.

My brunch experience here was also mediocre, and I won't be back. Their basic two-egg breakfast is $14, which makes Joe's Grill and Cafe Zen much better options. Three different people helped me during my three separate visits, and all of them were pretty standoffish and charmless. You gotta give us something, Aphrodite's! Average pie, average service, high prices...I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment